North East Avalanches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 Piece Powerbar /grill

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

2 Piece Powerbar /grill Empty
PostSubject: 2 Piece Powerbar /grill   2 Piece Powerbar /grill I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:12 pm

O.K folks I did this with my Old 02'AV but I never got to enjoy it, so here I am setting up Crystals AV with my old custom painted power bar. (I also figured on painting her grill while I was at it). This is good for many reasons Repainting power bar,customizing the power bar and many other uses. I hope this helps. #7
1)Remove grill and Bar via the 3 push pin clips on top and pulling (gently) on the outer retaining clips that hold the bar under the lights and pulling on the 4 clips that hold the whole grill in place.
2)remove the bow tie (uses the 2 tension clips)
2 Piece Powerbar /grill 427909833_1486080194_0
3)now flip the whole unit over and proceed to pop the melted pressed tabs that hold the bar on to the grill (a flathead screwdriver at a 45deg angle with a tap of a hammer is good or a dremel also.
2 Piece Powerbar /grill 427910698_1486083266_0
2 Piece Powerbar /grill 427910259_1486081710_0
4)Power bar pops off and now you can reattach the grill minus the bar.
2 Piece Powerbar /grill 427911072_1486084638_0
5)Take the bar (painted or customized) place it as it was on the AV in the first place (pushing the two end tabs in place)
6)before putting on the bowtie put two "sheetrock"screws (they have a great bite on plastic) behind the bowtie.
2 Piece Powerbar /grill 427911443_1486085943_0
7)put on bowtie and wah lah you got a removeable powerbar.
TO REMOVE POWERBAR MINUS GRILL
1)remove the bowtie (put finger where your hood pop is and feel for the two tabs)
2)remove the two screws that you put behind the
3)pull on the two ends (by the outer sections of the lights)
4)there ya go. Cool hope this helps #7

Completed
2 Piece Powerbar /grill 100_0574

Last edited by avyprncss on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Pics for #7)
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2 Piece Powerbar /grill   2 Piece Powerbar /grill I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:07 am

OLD NO.7 Avalanche wrote:
O.K folks I did this with my Old 02'AV but I never got to enjoy it, so here I am setting up Crystals AV with my old custom painted power bar. (I also figured on painting her grill while I was at it). This is good for many reasons Repainting power bar,customizing the power bar and many other uses. I hope this helps. #7
1)Remove grill and Bar via the 3 push pin clips on top and pulling (gently) on the outer retaining clips that hold the bar under the lights and pulling on the 4 clips that hold the whole grill in place.
2)remove the bow tie (uses the 2 tension clips)
3)now flip the whole unit over and proceed to pop the melted pressed tabs that hold the bar on to the grill (a flathead screwdriver at a 45deg angle with a tap of a hammer is good or a dremel also.
4)Power bar pops off and now you can reattach the grill minus the bar.
5)Take the bar (painted or customized) place it as it was on the AV in the first place (pushing the two end tabs in place)
6)before putting on the bowtie put two "sheetrock"screws (they have a great bite on plastic) behind the bowtie.
7)put on bowtie and wah lah you got a removeable powerbar.
TO REMOVE POWERBAR MINUS GRILL
1)remove the bowtie (put finger where your hood pop is and feel for the two tabs)
2)remove the two screws that you put behind the
3)pull on the two ends (by the outer sections of the lights)
4)there ya go. Cool hope this helps #7

Wheres the pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: 2 Piece Powerbar /grill   2 Piece Powerbar /grill I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:22 am

These pics couldn't come out any clearer2 Piece Powerbar /grill Bat_an10#7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Piece Powerbar /grill   2 Piece Powerbar /grill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 Piece Powerbar /grill
Page 1 of 1