North East Avalanches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you spend Thanksgiving day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KevMack
Admin
Admin
KevMack

How do you spend Thanksgiving day Empty
PostSubject: How do you spend Thanksgiving day   How do you spend Thanksgiving day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Lots of people have thanksgiving at their house or at a family members house. Some people just chill and eat Chinesse food. Some people have to work. Please share how you spend the day.

For me it used to be at my parents house but sense I got a house with a good size dining room everyone in my family voted me to have it (without me knowing at 1st) so I get to run around crazy for the day, this will be my 2nd year doing it. The good thing is my mom and girlfriend cook all the food. I just have to set the table, keep the fire in the fire place going and then help clean up after diner so we can play board games.

Please share yours.
Back to top Go down
Chevzilla AV
Chevzilla AV

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend Thanksgiving day   How do you spend Thanksgiving day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:28 pm

I did the dinner thing years ago back in the married days. By the time I sat down everyone was finished.

Now I just bounce around and try to see everyone at some point during the day. Off to my brother's this year. Him and his girlfriend wanted to do it because it will be their sons first Thanksgiving. After I'm going to try to head up to my dad's for some desert.
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend Thanksgiving day   How do you spend Thanksgiving day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:34 pm

I get to cook this year. Shocked. I figure after I feed the wife,kid and in-laws,I'll just make me a platter and finish it off with some Jack and Cokes and I'll call it a day. afro #7
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend Thanksgiving day   How do you spend Thanksgiving day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:41 pm

The wife and I usually spend the morning cleaning and re-cleaning the house, and staying out of the way of her grandmother who's 90. If we don't clean "just right", we have to clean again and again...

Then the whole in-law family comes over, complains about us behind our backs, eats, leaves, and then everything is back to normal until Xmas.
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend Thanksgiving day   How do you spend Thanksgiving day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:49 pm

I will be hanging at my house watching TV. Not speaking to my sister or father right now so since everyone is going there Im gonna spend the day fixing my exhaust and relaxing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com
KevMack
Admin
Admin
KevMack

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend Thanksgiving day   How do you spend Thanksgiving day I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 am

Troublemaker wrote:
The wife and I usually spend the morning cleaning and re-cleaning the house, and staying out of the way of her grandmother who's 90. If we don't clean "just right", we have to clean again and again...

Then the whole in-law family comes over, complains about us behind our backs, eats, leaves, and then everything is back to normal until Xmas.

I assume this is your house that its at. If so never let people bad mouth you in your own house!!!
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend Thanksgiving day   How do you spend Thanksgiving day I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:38 pm

KevMack wrote:
Troublemaker wrote:

I assume this is your house that its at. If so never let people bad mouth you in your own house!!!

That's the reason why, I no longer invite My family members over. lol! #7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you spend Thanksgiving day   How do you spend Thanksgiving day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you spend Thanksgiving day
Page 1 of 1