North East Avalanches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lower bumber lip

Go down 
+2
AvyPrncss
Chevzilla AV
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chevzilla AV
Chevzilla AV

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Since I first saw an AV with the extra lower bumber lip on it, it has always been soemthing I wanted to add to it. As rare as sail panel windows, I was finally to get my hands on one through a member. Not knowing that I would need the lower bumber to put it on, that member gave me that too. He definitly deserved the bottle of Old # 7 he got for it. After some filling in of some holes, sanding out a few scratches and a couple of layers of Fusion, it finally got installed.

Some not so great pics....
-Before...
Lower bumber lip Bumber001
-After...
Lower bumber lip Bumber007

If your not an AV fan, you probably wouldn't notice it. I like it and that's all that matters.

Special thanks to the Princess of the Avalanches for the logistic help too!!

-Nick geek
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:09 am

Chevzilla AV wrote:
Since I first saw an AV with the extra lower bumber lip on it, it has always been soemthing I wanted to add to it. As rare as sail panel windows, I was finally to get my hands on one through a member. Not knowing that I would need the lower bumber to put it on, that member gave me that too. He definitly deserved the bottle of Old # 7 he got for it. After some filling in of some holes, sanding out a few scratches and a couple of layers of Fusion, it finally got installed.

Some not so great pics....
-Before...
Lower bumber lip Bumber001
-After...
Lower bumber lip Bumber007

If your not an AV fan, you probably wouldn't notice it. I like it and that's all that matters.

Special thanks to the Princess of the Avalanches for the logistic help too!!

-Nick geek

Looks Good Nick
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com
JSal69

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:47 pm

Now all you need is the Smooth Upper Bumper Cap.

Back in 2006 when they first came on AV's and Silverado's I purchased the Lower Valance that you installed because I didn't like the fact that for some reason Chevy made them in Light Grey.

I purchased the 2006 Black Version and also bought the additional Air Dam that you liked so much.

At that time, the Silverado's were offering an optional "smooth & paintable" upper bumper cap.

I have yet to install that as I am waiting till the time when I paint and install the Escalade EXT Sails & etc. along with the other items that have been sitting in my basement for the last several years.

You did a great job with yours. Looks great !!!

Happy Modding.
Back to top Go down
Chevzilla AV
Chevzilla AV

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:30 pm

I actually like the texture on the bumber, and the cladding too. I thought about sanding it down before painting, but then figure that I would want to do everything else too. It would have been too much to do with the resources at hand.
Back to top Go down
KevMack
Admin
Admin
KevMack

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:53 am

Look good Nick. Now you just need to drop your truck..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Chevzilla AV
Chevzilla AV

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 pm

KevMack wrote:

I would love too! I love the way the AV looks when dropped. But my truck has to deal with the snow, usually before the plows get out in the morning too. And let's face it New England roads really aren't made to well for lowered vehicles. I always see you in my mirror swirving around the pothole I go over.
Back to top Go down
KevMack
Admin
Admin
KevMack

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:59 am

Chevzilla AV wrote:
KevMack wrote:

I would love too! I love the way the AV looks when dropped. But my truck has to deal with the snow, usually before the plows get out in the morning too. And let's face it New England roads really aren't made to well for lowered vehicles. I always see you in my mirror swirving around the pothole I go over.

I think my joke went bad...I thought you were on the Lifted truck team. lol! But yeah I dodge potholes all the time and it is alot stiffer ride. I think for the best ride quality stock is the way to be, I miss it sometimes. Also my truck is 2wd and I always say...4wd, lift it up and 2wd, drop it down.
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:30 am

I have the same thing on my 05. I think this was called the "Ground Effects" package.

Looks good with the matching lower bumper. Mine doesn't match, so I thought that was how it was supposed to be. But seeing yours, I may have to paint or replace mine.
Back to top Go down
KevMack
Admin
Admin
KevMack

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Troublemaker wrote:
I have the same thing on my 05. I think this was called the "Ground Effects" package.

The ground effects package came with the front lip, mud flaps and plastic side steps. I'm not sure what body styles or years it was offered on but on the cladded trucks it was only on the 02's. It took me along time to find my front lip then JJsnoking took his off and sold me his.
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Well, I don't have factory side steps or mud flaps, so maybe I just got the lower lip.

My side steps are Westin's, and I'm actually thinking of replacing them with tubes.
Back to top Go down
Chevzilla AV
Chevzilla AV

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:54 am

Kev- I'm running at stock height. There are no signs of a lift under there as far as I can tell. Sitting on 18's does lift it a little, but no actual lift.I first saw the lip on yours after you got it from Josh. It does look better when the truck is dropped, but it adds a little to my truck that I like.
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:27 am

KevMack wrote:
Chevzilla AV wrote:
KevMack wrote:

Also my truck is 2wd and I always say...4wd, lift it up and 2wd, drop it down.
Hey, If I drop my truck,and the Horsepower I got She'll take off and I kinda like being on the pavement.#7 Lower bumber lip 584751

Anyway, Nick She looks great brother. Lower bumber lip 990724
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lower bumber lip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower bumber lip   Lower bumber lip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lower bumber lip
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Avalanches :: Garage :: Avalanche Mods-
Jump to: