North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Covering the "OH $H*T"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chevzilla AV

PostSubject: Covering the "OH $H*T"   Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:26 pm

I guess that we have all had them. You have a great idea of something you want to do to the AV. Well I did, and it didn't work out too well.

I wanted to put in a CB that I have had for years in my truck. I finally took off the center dash, measured width and height, and it all looked like it was going to work..... but it didn't. After cutting and mounting the cb to the large, lower cubby, I realized that I didn't measure the depth of the unit. The area wouldn't have been deep enough for the cb to fit, not even close.

So now I have a hole in the dash, larger than life and extremely noticeable. So, this is what I did. I took some plastic that I had from making my switch panel. Cut it down to the size of the cubby and placed on some "carbon fiber" contact paper. It came out good, but I wasn't done yet. I had an old bow tie decal along with a flying skull emblem I've had Lying around looking for a home. A little double sided tape to the back, and this is what I ended up with.....

It covers the hole and gets the job done. The few who have noticed have liked it. I wish I didn't have to do it, but it came out better than I thought it would.

-Nick geek

Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Covering the "OH $H*T"   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Looks good dude. I like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com

Covering the "OH $H*T"
Page 1 of 1