North East Avalanches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going from 4WD to 2WD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

Going from 4WD to 2WD Empty
PostSubject: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Any time i put the truck from 4Hi or 4Lo into 2WD the entire truck jumps... Really badly. Its only started happening like 2 or 3 days ago. My truck has almost 99K on it. its an '04 4x4 with 3.73 Rear. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com
2500 AV

PostSubject: Re: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Does it do this when it is stopped.
Back to top Go down
oHIobellboy

PostSubject: Re: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:18 am

Prncss. I really don't think you'll need 4LO for anything unless you're pulling stumps with what you're using your truck for. Going into and out of 4Lo has always given me a clunk "locking feeling" in any of the 4x4's I've owned (which is 6 or 7, I've lost count). Another thing I've always done when coming out of 4Lo whether it's with auto lock hubs or manual is immediately back up about 50 feet just to make sure the front hubs disengage.
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:33 am

So did you ever figure out what was wrong?#7
Back to top Go down
oHIobellboy

PostSubject: Re: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:05 am

OLD NO.7 Avalanche wrote:
So did you ever figure out what was wrong?#7

I think she's got a new boyfriend. We may never hear from her again. Shocked lol!
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:43 am

Wow Mike.... I dont know if i should be flattered or insulted. Its not the new BF keeping me from the site it was all the training for the new job. Unfortunately my 6 mos vacation has to end sometime. LOL. I will be at the GTG in MA next week though so.....

and Frankie no i didnt i think i was just on crack for a few days.
Back to top Go down
oHIobellboy

PostSubject: Re: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 am

AvyPrncss wrote:
Wow Mike.... I dont know if i should be flattered or insulted. Its not the new BF keeping me from the site it was all the training for the new job. Unfortunately my 6 mos vacation has to end sometime. LOL. I will be at the GTG in MA next week though so.....

and Frankie no i didnt i think i was just on crack for a few days.

Going from 4WD to 2WD 584751 Definitely meant as a compliment.
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:04 am

Right... Uh Huh... sure ya did... LOL. YOu knopw Ive thought about you everyday LOL. (usually when I break something else on the truck. seems to be a reccurring event these days.)
Back to top Go down
oHIobellboy

PostSubject: Re: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:35 am

AvyPrncss wrote:
Right... Uh Huh... sure ya did... LOL. YOu knopw Ive thought about you everyday LOL. (usually when I break something else on the truck. seems to be a reccurring event these days.)

Sorry I missed your phone call the other day. It's been crazy here this week with the two teenagers we have left in the house. One of them ships out on the 14th though and that will leave us with one to deal with. I'm on vacation this week but we'll be traveling to Mo and back for the oldest kids' graduation from BCT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going from 4WD to 2WD   Going from 4WD to 2WD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going from 4WD to 2WD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Avalanches :: Garage :: Avalanche Problems-
Jump to: