North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:13 pm

OK Guys unfortunately I am removing Andy's Auto Sport from our site sponsorship section. This is due mainly in fact to the absolutely horrible experience that I had recently while making a rather large purchase from them. I had placed an order on 3/2/11 for several parts including a grille guard, nerf bars, tail light guards, light covers, bugflector, extinguisher mount, grille inserts, exhaust, led lights. Not only did I not receive a confirmation email with my order they took the full amou8nt of the order out of my bank account on the day it was purchased, which I would expect however, about a week after I placed the order I received a call from a sales rep from Andy's stating that the grille guard I had ordered was no longer being offered by the manufacturer (Westin) and that they had stopped the manufacturing of that product approx 2 months prior to my placing the order so they did not have any in stock either but they offered to help me locate a similar item. They then said that they had found a similar item which was manufactured by Waag and that it would arrive on 3/24/11 but I would need to pay the difference of about $300. I had no problem paying the difference in the price. The big issue with Andy's is that after this was supposedly taken care of I received another email from Andy's stating that my order (where they just listed the order #) was on back order and would ship on or about 3/22. I then had to call Andy's just to find out which part it was because they assigned each part a different order number but never emailed me any confirmation so I had no way of knowing what the order # coincided with. At which point I cancelled the rest of my order (The Nerf Bars, Tail light guards) and told them that I was going to continue my order for the grille guard. After the order was cancelled it took them 3 days to send me confirmation of that and the I receive an email with the order number coinciding with my grille guard stating it was on back order and would ship 3/15/11 and then I received another email that stated it would ship 3/22 and 2 other subsequent emails so far. One was stating a ship date of 4/7/11 and the most recent stating a ship date of 4/22/11. I have called up Andy's to find out what the situation was on the order they stated it was on manufacturers back order and that they were unsure of when it would ship out. I then called Waag directly to ask them if they did in fact have a back order and they explained that technically it is not a back order that whenever a product is ordered from them it is made to order so ship out and turn around time is typically 5-7 weeks and that all of their authorized dealers, including Andy's Auto Sport are well aware of this fact. I still have not received the order nor any further emails about the grille guard since the one stating the 4/22 ship date. So I strongly urge you all not to bother ordering from Andy's unless you are looking to deal with problem after problem in trying to get parts for your Avy.

Last edited by AvyPrncss on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**   Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:19 am

Good Looking out crystal... I've dealt with them in the past and I never thought about asking them... Good picking up the ball that I just dropped.. Razz
Great Work
Back to top Go down
KevMack
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**   Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:49 am

I bought stuff there before. They are kinda pricey though. I hope they give us like 25% off.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**   Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:33 pm

OLD NO.7 Avalanche wrote:
Good Looking out crystal... I've dealt with them in the past and I never thought about asking them... Good picking up the ball that I just dropped.. Razz
Great Work

I got you covered. LOL

AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**   Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:33 am

Andys is removed. Refer to first post.

Enkei

PostSubject: Re: Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**   Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:59 am

Get me the part #'s and models you are looking for...
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**   Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Enkei wrote:
Get me the part #'s and models you are looking for...

Thanks Glenn but I already ordered them from another Waag dealer and according to waag the production line should run this week and they should ship within 2 weeks.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**   

Back to top Go down

Andy's Auto Sport **Important Update PLease Read**
Page 1 of 1